Pages

Monday, March 07, 2005

Great Gator Basketball Game

What a great way for the Gators to finish the regular season with a win over the UK Wildcats! Knocked the Cats out of a number one seed for NCAA tourney and gave senior David Lee his only win over Kentucky during his last UF home game.

Walsh makin' the 3-point plays and Roberson calmly sinking the one and one free throws....beauty. I love this quote from Roberson. "I had to make them," Roberson said. "That's what you dream about on the playground in Saginaw, Mich., last seconds, down by one, CBS, two free throws. The moment is right there in front of you. I want the ball in my hands in that situation."

Amy and I were writhing on the couch the last 5 minutes of the game and ran through the house screaming when the Gators won. What a great mother-daughter Gator girl moment.

No comments: