Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

We Made It

Well we made it to Australia and have made it through our first day. There were no real travel glitches but the 14-hour flight from LA to Sydney is loooooooong, especially in coach. Claire woke up halfway through and saw our progress on TV and announced in an excited voice "We're halfway there!" Sorry kid, I can't get excited about only having another 7 hours of flight time left. I started putting my shoes on before we landed and discovered my ankles had swollen and I had "cankles". Not very attractive but they've recovered now.

We got here, met up with Monica and then her sister Mary Pat and brother Mark. Got to our "serviced apartment", then Monica went off to work and we went to the zoo. Navigated the subway and ferry and got to the zoo around 11. Beautiful place with lots of animals indigenous to Australia. Seriously, I thought an Echidna was a character from Sonic but its a real animal.

I'll post up pictures later. We're off to dinner now and then sleep in a real bed. It's been too long since I've done that.

Photos are added. Here's the link-- http://katseyeview.shutterfly.com//396

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathy,
Blog is very cool and I'm so jealous of your trip. Only place outside of US and Canada I would want to go. The zoo pics were great and fun to see animals you don't normally see in a zoo. Glad you got there safe and sound. Have a great trip.

Helen

Tim Wilson said...

Looks like the trip is off to a great start! There are some future large-prints-on-the-wall pictures from the zoo.