Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Gist Day--Cycle 9

Well, tomorrow is Gist Day...not a week this time since I only see my oncologist.  While you might think these appointments become a non-event after a while, that hasn't happened for me yet.  Yes, the anxiety preceding the appointment lessens over time but it's still a reminder of the enemy lurking within my body.

Tomorrow's appointment is a big one because it's 2 years after my transplant and if my numbers look good..well, technically there's really one main number I care about--kappa free light chains to be exact..then I can move to 6 month appointments from the current 3 month schedule.  Having half the appointments to be anxious about would be a welcome change.  As you know, I consider these appointments my "contract extensions."  Previously, when I used that term, my friend Todd recommended that I negotiate a longer contract.  Tomorrow, I get a shot at doubling the length of my contract.

So, as I enter KATE (Kat after transplant era) cycle 9 (number of oncology appointments since my transplant), I'm hopeful for continued improvement but trust God's plan regardless of what happens.

Here's my song for the day--

"I wanna set fear on fire, and give dreaming a fair shot 

And never give up whether anybody cares or not"



No comments: