Pages

Friday, June 17, 2005

Goodyear Blimp Crashes

Last night, we had one of those crazy bad Florida thunderstorms--driving rain with raindrops the size of grapes and lots of lightning and thunder. We had three lightning strikes that shook the house.

In the midst of this, I heard a noise outside that sounded like a plane but it stayed overhead way too long for a plane. I looked out and saw the lights of the blimp passing overhead. The blimp passes over my house quite often because we are due west of its hanger. I called my husband in disbelief that it would be flying through that storm.

Found out this morning that the blimp crashed about 4 miles from my house. Here's a photo before it crashed--

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and here's the after--

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thank God both pilots are OK.

Here's the story--

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-cblimp18jun18,0,6957519.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat, your image links don't work! Talk to ya later! db