Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dress for Success

I was thinking about the appointment tomorrow with the hematologist/oncologist and I was contemplating what I should wear.  I'm not going into my office so I can wear whatever I want.  I thought about how at times in the past, I would carefully pick an outfit to wear to work if I had an important meeting.  "What impression do I want to give?  What's the best outfit for that?"

Do I show up tomorrow looking meek and needy sending a message of  "save me" or do I look prepared and ready saying "let's roll"?  You know I have to go with prepared and ready.

Its interesting to think about the clothing choice I would make for a meeting at work where my professional success may be on the line.  How do you dress for success for your first meeting with someone whom you hope will save your life?

Makes me think of this passage from one my favorite songs by Caedmon's Call "Faith My Eyes"--
But I get turned around
I mistake some happiness for blessing
But I'm blessed as the poor
Still I judge success by how I'm dressing 
So keep'em coming these lines on the road
And keep me responsible be it a light or heavy load
And keep me guessing with these blessings in disguise
And I'll walk with grace my feet and faith my eyes 
So whatever happens tomorrow, may I walk with grace my feet and faith my eyes. 

No comments: