Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Next Steps

The next steps have changed from my first post about this. I have an appointment tomorrow with Dr. Yvonne Efebera the hematologist/oncologist at OSU who was the Chief Fellow in Hematology Oncology at Boston University Medical Center which is recognized as an international leader in amyloidosis treatment.

I have an echocardiogram scheduled next Wednesday to see if there is any heart damage from the amyloidosis.  Please pray that there isn't any because, from what I read (and I'm really trying hard to to read too much), that is one of the reasons I wouldn't be considered a candidate for some of the more aggressive...and effective...treatment options like stem cell transplantation.

Have an appt next Monday with a nephrologist at OSU--Dr. Samir Parikh.


Currently, no biopsies scheduled.


So, the list of medical specialties I will have seen or has worked on my case after Monday--
Internist
Hepatologist
Gastroenterologist
Hematologist
Nephrologist
Pathologist
Radiologist

And I have an appointment scheduled with an Endocrinologist in April.

Its like the medical version of the World of Beers tour at the Winking Lizard.  Hopefully I get the Golden Phlebotomy Tube trophy at the end.

I'll report back after the appointment tomorrow.


No comments: