Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Liam or Morie

For the longest time, my celebrity crush has been Liam Neeson.

Whether its his work as an opportunist  turned Jewish rescuer Oskar Schindler in Schindler's List, the kick-ass dad in Taken or the sensitive widower in Love Actually, his acting combined with his looks has put him at the top of my celebrity crush list.

But now, he's been replaced by this guy....
Yes, perhaps not as attractive and maybe not as famous as Neeson to the uninformed but to folks knowledgable about research and treatment of Amyloidosis, this guy is a rock star.  This is Dr. Morie Gertz, Chair of the Department of Internal Medicine at the Mayo Clinic and one of the top physicians and researchers in Amyloidosis.  When I called to make my appointment with Mayo, they didn't tell me who my appointment was with.  When I got the letter with the details of my appointment and saw that it was with Dr. Gertz, I felt like I won the lotto.

So many of the studies I've been reading over the last few months have been authored by him.  He's the editor of the book that is considered the gold standard on diagnosing and treating Amyloidosis and he's one of the top physicians in the world at treating Amyloidosis.  From everything I've heard from people treated by him and who have met him, I will love him.  

If he's unseated Liam, I already do.

1 comment:

Sandy B said...

LIAM! I have always loved his movies!