Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

Final results of Gist Week

Hematologist results are all good!! The one key number--kappa free light chains aka the dirty bastard--is still as low as it's ever been. Normal is 3.3-19.4 and my lab results show less than 3.3...still at that level 3 months after stopping chemo. It was 79 when I was diagnosed. WooHooo! Thanks for the prayers and encouragement one and all, and thank you God for all the blessings you've given me throughout this journey. Now I can not think about this for a few months.

So begins KATE (Kat After Transplant Era), Cycle 6. It's 6 because that's how many oncology appointments I've had. With this, you kinda live in little chunks from oncology appointment to oncology appointment. That phrase "new lease on life" is real. It feels like my contract has been extended for another 3 months. Here's the closing song for Gist Week. It's about trying not to think about it for the next 3 months. Roll credits. 




http://youtu.be/LHJhyrrUTgc

No comments: