Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Results of Gist Week--Episode 1

Part 1) "Live and Let Liver" Liver gist says things are great and I'm "the example of recovery from this disease." We joked around about me being able to die from something else and he said that would be great unless I get killed by a pick-up truck while I'm out cycling in the near future. If that happened, he said he'd stand on my grave shaking his fist saying, "You wasted all of this!" Sounds pretty morbid but it was really funny at the time.
 

Part 2) "Kidney Time" Kidney gist agrees about how well I'm doing and said I could cut my last medication dose in half. If I don't have any issues with fluid from that after a few weeks, I can discontinue it. The recovery of my protein loss through my kidneys has slowed down but is still improving and may continue improving for another two years. Last test, in March I was improving by more than 6 grams per day and now I'm down to a little over 4 per day. But, as my phlebotomy buddy and I say, "Slo motion better than no motion." AAAAND...I see the kidney gist one more time in 6 months and if things are still doing well, I won't have to have regular visits with him so I'm not only reducing the number of medications, I'll be reducing the number of physicians. Love ya, Dr. Parikh but it's time for me to move on. Really, it's me, not you.
 

So, great news across the board today but tomorrow is the big one! C'mon plasma cells, don't let me down!

No comments: