Pages

Saturday, November 06, 2004

Things that make me chuckle

Claire, Al and I went to see "The Incredibles" a movie about a family of super heroes. I told Al that if I were going to be a superhero, I'd like to be Elastigirl, the mom's character. He said, "Sweetie, you ARE Elastigirl."

I looked her up on The Incredibles web site. It said that she is 5'8", 125 lbs, her primary special power is flexibility and her secondary special power is agility. Wow, I guess I am Elastigirl. (DB said it should be "Sarcastigirl"--good one!)





My fortune at dinner said, "You deserve to have a good time after a hard day's work." And I have a lot of hard days at work. Guess me, skare and DB will be cashing in on that one during our pub crawl this Friday evening. Starting at the one and only The Blue Anchor.

Maybe we'll get to see the ghost, Bertha. To quote Lee, the owner, during his interview on the Travel Channel special about Haunted Places, "It was the most frightening experience of my life. I had to sit down and have a brandy." As opposed to standing and drinking red wine as he does most afternoons.


Another good quote was from the cartoon Jimmy Neutron. Jimmy brought Thomas Edison into the future. Edison's expression of surprise was, "Well, knock 10 points off my IQ and call me Tesla!"

No comments: