Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ready for Easy

Last week I was really optimistic that I had turned a huge corner by getting a handle on my abdominal bloating from the anti-fungal medication the doctor had prescribed for me.  It seemed that yeast had infiltrated my GI tract and that was causing the bloating.  The medication they put me on can cause liver damage but my liver function was good after 1 week on the medicine.  I finished the medicine on Saturday and the bloating and yeast came back on Monday.  Soooo frustrated.

My oncologist is going to put me on a higher dose of the anti-fungal medicine, wants me to have a weekly liver function test and an upper endoscopy.  More risk to my liver, more blood test and yet another procedure that will involve an IV.  After all the sticking and needles in the hospital, I was hoping to go a little longer before getting stuck again.

While I'm happy with my overall prognosis and progress, these ongoing issues are starting to wear me down.  Alan told me tonight that I've won the major battle and I just need to get through these skirmishes.  I've always been a fighter but its now going on 6 months with my abdomen being painful/uncomfortable and eating is a chore.

I will keep moving forward and fighting whatever I need to fight but I'm ready for easy.

No comments: