Pages

Sunday, January 05, 2014

A Fun Complication

I've been looking for hairstyles now that my hair is starting to grow in. A lot of people tell me to leave it really short but for me, that will just be a reminder of when I was sick so I need a style that's more like something I'd normally wear.

When looking for hairstyles in the past, I'd look to Mariska Hargitay (you know, Olivia Benson on Law & Order).  I think Amy came up with the original suggestion for me.  She usually keeps her hair somewhat short, has a face shaped similarly to mine and has fine, thin hair like me...or, rather, like I used to have. 

Claire was watching an old episode of Law & Order the other day and said this hairstyle would look good on me. 


I agreed and, in the past, could have easily styled my hair like that.  However, as happens with many people, the chemo has changed the structure of my hair and it's now pretty wavy, maybe even curly. Any wave or volume in my hair in the past required liberal use of heat and product. Not now.  I tried to style my hair like that on Friday and Al said I looked like Elvis due to the pompadour-esque volume on top. This morning, I put some gel in it hoping to tame it a bit but the wave will not be tamed.


Yeah, not even in the vicinity. I'm hoping to see my hairstylist next week but I don't think she's got enough magic to get me back to Mariska. 

Guess I'll need to find someone new for hairstyle inspiration.  Just not sure who. 

No comments: