Pages

Monday, October 25, 2004

Go Gators

Yeah, the Gators finally fired our loser coach who drove the program into the ground after only three years. This weekend, I'm heading up to Jax to take in the festivities of the Florida-Georgia game. I will not be going to the game since I vowed in 1984 to NEVER return to the game after suffering humiliating defeats every year I was a student and they finally won in 1984. As I partied on the field, prying up my piece of turf, I vowed never to return to the game, and I haven't. I have watched every one on TV but never entered the stadium. In the years since I made my vow, the Gators have gone 14-4 against the Dawgs. Prior to that, their record was 1-7 going back to the first year that I cared about the game--1976. I attribute their recent success to my absence.

I will go hang out and party with my fellow Gators, including my high school and college buddy Matt and former roommate, Deb and watch the game on TV. We may be at an RV parked outside the stadium that will have a satellite dish and a big screen TV. If the Gators start losing, I may need to drive away from the stadium.

After watching the game, we'll go to Bob and Brenda's annual Pumpkin Carving Extravaganza. It's so great to still have all my buds in Jax even though I've lived 350 miles away for the last 11 years.

The Florida-Georgia game is commonly referred to as "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party." I googled it and actually found it in an online dictionary. Its on the internet, it must be true.

The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party

No comments: