Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Another Step to Normal

I took another step to normal today by going on a "big girl" bike ride with Alan.   I've gone on a few rides on Claire's cruiser bike..

Its a nice bike but its not made for a workout.

It was nice to get back out on my road bike with a cycling jersey, bike shorts and my clip-in cycling shoes.  We set out to ride around Glacier Ridge Park near our house.  It has a nice trail that winds through the park's wetlands, woods and prairie.

I completed the 9.5 mile with an average speed of 12.4 mph.  Not too bad for my first real ride and a good start to get me ready for the 75-mile Pelotonia route next year.  My biggest worry was that I wouldn't get my shoes out of the clips when I stopped and would fall over. Sad to say, its happened before.



But, I made it through with no problems.  It was a lovely afternoon.  Feeling the wind and the sunshine on my face and hearing the birds sing really made me glad to be alive...even more glad than I usually am these days.  :)




No comments: