Pages

Friday, August 02, 2013

Long term forecast: clear; short term forecast: partly cloudy

Its been a week of tests which always leads to periods of anxiety for me.  Thankfully, the important tests showed no abnormal proteins in my system so my bone marrow is behaving and not producing the abnormal proteins.  As has happened at each point in this journey, God has cleared the path for my ongiong recovery.

It seems that it can take up to a year for the amyloids to clear out of my system.  That means the bloating could come back but my kidney doctor assures me it won't get as bad as before.  It was so painful and debilitating before that any mention of its return creates a post-tramatic stress disorder reaction from me.  My reaction is very irrational and much more extreme than the threat warrants.  I know this in my mind but my emotions get the best of me.

I'm assuming that it could be up to a year for the amyloids to clear from my liver and I have hope that my liver might reduce in size and firmness.  I'm not holding out for it to return to normal but smaller would be welcome.  My abdomen is still such a wreck.  I have a place under my ribs where my liver protrudes and that is really sensitive.  My lower abdomen is a mix between numbness and achiness which is odd.  It doesn't need to be totally normal, just not hurt when I touch it or something brushes up against it.  I'd also like to sleep on my stomach again which is impossible now because of my liver.

So, I can look into the future knowing that, right now, the long-term forecast is clear.  I just need to weather some of these minor storms on my road to recovery.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there Kat! We're praying for you!