Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Better Today

Felt better today.  Made it to church and I'm sure the love and support I always feel there helped me.  Did a little shopping....bought some big lady tops at Target and a new pillow at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Usually, I'm a stomach sleeper and my current pillow is designed for that.  Wellll, those days are gone for a while so I bought a pillow that's a little firmer because my neck has been bothering me from my silly flat little pillow.  I'll use that one again when my silly flat little stomach comes back.

I finished my photo book to take to the hospital.  Its called "Work Hard For This..." and its got loads of pictures of family, friends and fun times so that when things get tough I can remind myself of what's waiting on the other side.
Visit Shutterfly.com to create your own personalized photobook.

I was able to cook dinner for Claire tonight, one of her favorite meals "Poppa Jack" Chicken named for the father of my friend Barb who made this for us back in 2004, maybe, and traditional Cuban style black beans and rice. I even had some of the black beans and rice. I walked my my mile on the treadmill. No running per Big Poppa Koontz because it burns calories. I finished the night with my Turmeric Tea per Dr. Parikh who recommended that turmeric couldn't hurt. Tomorrow I arrive at the hospital at 8:15 and have back to back tests and meetings to prepare for the Stem Cell Transplant. The cherry on the top of that sundae is a dose of chemo at 4 followed by a Cardiac MRI at 6:30 AM on Tuesday. I was going to go slouchy and comfy tomorrow and wear loose shirt, yoga pants and tennis shoes. But I decided this evening that since the leg/ankle swelling is under control, I'll wear my skinny yellow jeans (perhaps with a modified waist band) and my boots. Gotta look like I'm there to kick some a$$. Please, keep the prayers coming. I get so much strength and comfort from them.

No comments: