Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Not phenomenal, just faithful

Over on my Facebook wall, as I've shared blog posts, friends have been very gracious with their praise of my attitude using superlatives such as phenomenal, inspirational.  I just see it as being faithful.  Here's what I posted on Facebook...
It's nothing phenomenal, just discipline and faith. You guys know I HATE hyposcrisy. 
How could I... 
  • read the Bible all these years and believe those promises; 
  • have this collect taped to my computer "Grant us, Lord, not to be anxious about earthly things, but to love things heavenly; and even now, while we are placed among things that are passing away, to hold fast to those that shall endure; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen."; 
  • stand in church each week and affirm my faith through the Nicene Creed or 
  • say this prayer, "Send us now into the world in peace, and grant us strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart; through Christ our Lord. Amen."... 
 And not trust God to work this out. Its put up or shut up time. I just don't let my mind go to the dark places. "What-if's" are the gateway drug to despair.
Every time I have my centering prayer, God tells me he's got this. How can I question when I see so much of his hand at work around me?

No comments: