Pages

Friday, March 08, 2013

Thankful Things

Things for which I am thankful today--

  1. I'm feeling the best I have in weeks. Not sure if its having a treatment plan, the sunny sky, not having any doctor visits, the acupuncture and chrysanthemum bud tea, or some combination of the above. Whatever it is, I'll take it.
  2. All the people praying for me and sending good thoughts my way.  Thank you.  It's what keeps me going.
  3. My family....especially my daughter Amy.  Amy is an adult care nurse practitioner so she's edumacataed in these medical things.  She went with me and Al to my appointment yesterday.  She sat to my right, somewhat behind Dr. Efebera.  As Dr. Efebera was reviewing my test results,  Myeloma Scan (those 16 x-rays I had last week) and the radiologist report, it was so comforting to be able to look over at Amy with a quizzical/worried look and have her shake her head with a "don't worry about that" response or a head nod saying "that makes sense."  I really valued having the family healthcare contingent during Claire's face plant in Australia (you can read about that here) but the knowledge and guidance Amy provided me yesterday brought so much comfort.  I feel so blessed to have such an awesome kid....even though she's not a kid.

No comments: