Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Not so normal...or the new normal???

Well my hopes of a normal weekend have not materialized, tripped up by the abdominal bloating that has rendered me practically incapacitated.  I am basically on self-imposed bed rest because it is so painful and exhausting to be upright.  A morning trip to the Apple Store to fix an issue with my Apple ID, left me exhausted and miserable.  Oh, and, by the way, they couldn't fix but the issue but I figured it out later.  If you have an old Apple ID and add a new email address to it, it really messes things up.

So, here I am, lying in bed watching movies and basketball hoping this isn't the new normal.  Dr. Efebera said it could be a side effect from the steroids given with the chemo.  Maybe it will resolve in a day or 2.  But, I'm looking ahead a week when I'm supposed to be taking ski lessons in Steamboat and I'm hoping this isn't the new normal so I'll have a chance to participate in our trip.  This ski trip is my last chance at fun before the descent into the depths of the stem cell transplant and aftermath begins.  I pray that it can be the old normal....just for a while.

No comments: